Hello My Super Babies, Today will be sharing a famous Karnataka rice based dish called as Bisi Bele Bath. My Jaya Aunty will be sharing the authentic way to make it super tasty. It can be made healthy if you lessen the oil 🙂 Otherwise it’s super succulent with lots of oil.
It takes a little trouble to make it but it isn’t a tedious job. Loads of healthy ingredients in it which makes it seriously delicious to have it by itself or with curd or a side dish. Cook it the way she has shown and illustrated in the video.
For the Written Method , it’s in here 🙂
Ingredients ( Please Read The Procedure 1st )
- 2 cup Rice
- 2 Carrots ( Chopped )
- 1 Potato
- 10 Beans
- 2 Onions ( Sliced )
- 20 Garlic Pods
- 3 Tomatoes
- MTR Bisi Bele Bath – 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves ( Handful )
- Curry Leaves ( Handful )
- Salt as per as your need
- Half Cup Tur Dal
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tbsp Jeera
- 1 Green chilli
- 6 cups water
- 4 tbsp of oil
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Jeera
- 1 Onion ( Sliced )
- 10 Curry leaves
- 3 tsp of MTR Bisi Bele Bath Powder
- 1 piece of Red Pumpkin ( Cook it Separately – So that it doesn’t get smash into the rice )
- 1 Drumstick ( Cook it Separately – So that it doesn’t get smash into the rice )
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- Cook in a Pressure cooker.
- Add in 1 cup Oil and once it’s hot.
- Add in Mustard Seeds .
- Once it starts fluttering , Add in Jeera.
- After 10 secs , add in Onions , Curry leaves , Garlic pods and Green Chilli.
- Fry till Golden Brown.
- Once Golden Brown , add in the Carrots, Potatoes and Beans.
- Stir well and fry well.
- Then add in half tsp Salt and stir well.
- Then add in 1 tsp Bisi Bele Bath Powder and stir well till fried.
- Then add in the Tomatoes.
- After a minute add in 6 cups of water.
- Once it starts boiling, add in the Rice and the Tur Dal.
- Add a little more salt as per as your need.
- Now cook your rice like you normally cook in the Pressure cooker.
- While it is cooking , in another pan , lets cook the masala.
- Add in 4 tbsp of oil.
- Once hot add in the Mustard Seeds and once it starts fluttering add in Jeera.
- Add in Onions , Curry Leaves and fry till Golden Brown.
- Once Fried add in 3 tsp of MTR Bisi Bele Bath Powder.
- While it is getting fried , add in the cooked Drumstick and Red Pumpkin.
- Mix Well.
- When the Rice is cooked add in the above masala and ghee on top and stir gently.
- Add in the coriander leaves for decoration.
- Serve Hot.